>> لَهُ مُعَقِّبَاتٌ مِّن بَيْنِ يَدَيْهِ وَمِنْ خَلْفِهِ يَحْفَظُونَهُ مِنْ أَمْرِ اللّهِ إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُغَيِّرُ مَا بِقَوْمٍ حَتَّى يُغَيِّرُواْ مَا بِأَنْفُسِهِمْ وَإِذَا أَرَادَ اللّهُ بِقَوْمٍ سُوءاً فَلاَ مَرَدَّ لَهُ وَمَا لَهُم مِّن دُونِهِ مِن وَالٍ
Holy Quran: 13:11 “Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)”
Baghdad - this beautiful city on Tigris River - where today troops of the
aggressive forces are trying to surround it and defeat it. A capital for
the Islamic State and for the world, where Muslims ruled the world for hundreds
of years. Baghdad, the center of culture and sciences, where Christians and
Jews lived safe and sound with the freedom to practice their religion for
hundreds of years. Baghdad, the Arab Muslim city standing its grounds, in
the old days surrounded by the Mongol Tatar who violated its pure sacred
land, slaughtering its women and children, is being surrounded by the Tatars
of today. Who claim they come to rescue people from a 10-year old sanctions.
Well, they were the ones who imposed the sanctions in the first place and
now that this is not enough, now they claim to free those people by killing,
destroying houses, killing men, women and children, Those who say “Lord!
Raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee one
who will help!"
Do you know Muslim Youth that the sanctity and prohibition of the Muslim
blood is more than the sanctity of the Kaaba. And we should be afraid for
Allah’s judgment more of that on our sins and mistakes. “And you thought
it to be a light matter, while it was most serious in the sight of Allah”
Do you know that we will be held accountable before Allah on what did we
do to our Islam and to our Omma,
But before we decide what to do to our brothers and sisters in Iraq, you
have to know that what we are suffering from today is not just the crisis
in Iraq but also it is the crisis of the past 100 years, the Omma is suffering
from many diseases,
1. Being away from Allah and abandoning the heaven
2. Scientific and technologic retardation
3. Morals and behavioral collapse
4. Following bad examples without having the vision of what to follow
and what not.
5. Division and looking for personal interests more than the interest
of the state and the Omma
6. Wrong interpretation of Islam
As a result, our Omma lost its consciousness, lost its awareness of its goals,
interests, and identity. This of course encourage its enemies to think low
of us and try to convince us that their vanity is truth and that their greed
is fair. Muslims are suffering from disappointment, despair in addition to
confusion and impotence.
So symptoms of the disease appeared in the body of the Omma as the disease
affects a sick body. May be this social disease is more dangerous than the
physical illness because it affects the minds and stop the brains and causes
dullness of the emotions. That’s why the honest people of this Omma are screaming
and asking how to get out, is there light in the end of the tunnel, is there
guidance after being lost. Is this reality going to change? We want to change
this spiteful reality.
But no change will happen to the Omma reality except by following the divine
social rule: This law is “Verily never will Allah
change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their
own souls)” From 13: 11.
This law is not an empty logo, but it is the only way to get out of the hardships
we are suffering.
But no change will happen in our lives except if we start by changing ourselves.
The injustice that is being inflicted on Muslims will not be removed except
if we change ourselves “Verily never will Allah change the condition of a
people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)” From 13: 11.
Now we may ask what is the needed change in our souls: Ten things should
1. We should repent to Allah instead of disobeying
2. Obedience of the Quraan and Sunna should replace the dullness
3. Seriousness, manly behaviors, and high spirits should replace laxness,
laziness, and dullness.
4. Giving superior attention to scientific superiority and creativity
should replace thinking dullness.
5. Positivism should replace negativity.
6. Feeling to belong to the Omma should replace western following.
7. Fruitful and important work should replace emptiness and wasting the
time in trivial things.
8. Comprehensive understanding of Islam should replace the misunderstanding
or the incomplete understanding.
9. Prioritization of the society and Omma on individualism and selfishness.
10. Hope should replace despair.
These are not just nice words to move the emotions but they are the fundamentals
of the law of change “Verily never will Allah change
the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own
souls)” From 13: 11
Everyday you might ask, what to do, this is the answer, change those 10 things
and wait for Allah’s victory. Allah will then change the history. Islam has
started with youth in your age. I feel that these 10 things are important
and they are the most important work for the youth of the Omma. You are the
most people in the society capable of change. You have the enthusiasm, power,
and high spirits. With high sprits nations survive. If you change these 10
things inside yourselves and they became dominant between the people, know
for sure that the reality will change because then you will have owned the
law of change “Verily never will Allah change the
condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)”
From 13: 11
Verily Allah’s victory is near:
- Allah has promised," to those among you who believe
and work righteous deeds, that He will, of a surety, grant them in the land,
inheritance (of power)",24:55
- Allah has decreed: "It is I and My apostles who
must prevail….” 58:21
- Their intention is to extinguish Allah’s Light (by blowing) with their
mouths: But Allah will complete (the revelation of) His Light, even though
the Unbelievers may detest (it) 612: 8
- We will, without doubt, help our apostles and those who believe, (both)
in this world's life and on the Day when the Witnesses will stand forth,
- 40: 51.
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The Last Hour will not come
until the Muslims fight against the Jews and the Muslims will kill them until
the Jews will hide themselves behind stones and trees. The stones and trees
will say: Muslim, the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and
kill him. And also the prophet said, “Allah showed me the size of my Omma
and it will encompass the east and west of the earth.
Do you see all these Divine promises and prophetic prophecies? Doesn’t the
land belong to Allah and He gives it as inheritance to whomever He wants.
Didn’t Allah give victory to Muslims when they were true believers? Allah’s
promise never changes, for Allah never fails His promise.
Your first battle is against yourselves, if you win this battle, Allah will
provide victory for your Omma by your hands. And never get frustrated or
feel hopeless that it is so difficult or impossible to get victory. “ And
they ask you when is it? Say hopefully it is near.” And always remember that
our Omma’s biggest case is Palestine until we liberate it in Shaa Allah.
What can we do for our brothers and sisters in Iraq?
1. Call on our Lord in humility to protect our brothers
and sisters in Iraq and Palestine.
2. Spread the knowledge of the Omma’s affairs and problems through all
the available facilities, especially the Internet.
3. Boycott all the American and British products.
4. Financial help to the Iraqi people through all the legitimate channels.
5. Correspondence with all the newspapers, magazines and famous writers
to keep the idea alive all the time.
6. Correspondence with the embassies of the invading countries to protest
in a reasonable way.
7. Boycott all kinds of artistic work that invites the Omma to wickedness
or to make it unaware of its urgent cases.
8. Contact our brothers and sisters in Iraq whether we know them or not,
by dialing 00964 then dial the code number for Baghdad 1, then 71, or 77,
51, or 55 then dial any 5 digits.
Finally, these recommendations are not the only thing and they will not solve
our problems. The solution is in your hands youth of the Omma
“Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change
it themselves (with their own souls)”